Sunday, May 20, 2007

pink flouride

First of all, the symphony was AWESOME! They played with a full rock band and even had a rocker-dude singer with long fuzzy hair and sloppy clothes! I've never been a huge Pink Floyd fan, but it was great to hear some live music and just relax for a couple of hours. Thanks to Aunt Mamber for contributing to our evening by babysitting!

Rachel woke up at 3:00am and was back to sleep until 7:00am. She seemed ready for a nap around 8:35am, so I put her in her crib and hoped she would fall asleep for a short nap before church. She finally fell asleep at 9:00am, and I couldn't bring myself to wake her up when it was time to leave for church. She woke up at 9:45am, and, since we only live 10 minutes from our new church, we were only a tad late. Please note, however, that she woke up on her own, after only 45 minutes of napping! Ugh! This afternoon, she fell asleep at 1:40pm and slept only one hour. She willingly went to sleep at 6:30pm again tonight.

Triple coupon weekend is almost over. I will publish a special edition when we have Jarrad's grand total of savings. I'm happy to say the house is already back to normal.

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 34
poop 10

cute moment

Either Rachel really loves bananas, or she is enjoying her new word, because she continually points to the bunch of bananas and repeats "nanana, nanana, NANANA." She also got a bath this morning, and she showed that she knows the sign for "bath." Every time we went by the bathroom today, she did the "bath" sign, which just looks like she's washing her belly and chest with her fist. So cute!

non-toy toy of the day

A [free] bottle of mustard. She was happy to carry it around and gnaw on it this afternoon.

deep thought

I have been really working hard in my house to get things straightened up and keep them that way. I've never had much trouble keeping things relatively clean, but I struggle with keeping things tidy. For about three weeks, I've been working hard to find a home for everything and just get rid of things we don't need. I have been so productive, and it's been easier than I expected to keep it up. Thursday night, Jarrad pulled out all his couponing stuff and spread it out in the kitchen, living room and dining room. After his trips to the store, he added lots of products everywhere, waiting to be stored. It was amazing how my mood was affected by the mess! I hadn't realized how much better I was feeling from a more organized environment. What a great lesson to learn, and a great motivator to keep things tidy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eat mustard much?