Thursday, December 6, 2007

type A

Christmas is right around the corner, but I have not felt like decorating at all. I'm starting to feel that warm and fuzzy holiday feeling, though, and I'm thinking I'll be ready to at least put up a tree soon. Rachel becomes more and more particular every week. I wonder if she'll tell us that the tree belongs outside...

Here are some examples of Rachel's attention to details:

Rachel was in the middle of a temper tantrum the other day. She was whining and rolling around on the floor (I was washing dishes, which she opposes regularly). Right in the middle of it, she got up, went over to the rug under her high chair, which was turned up at the corner, and she smoothed it out. She then returned to the middle of the floor and resumed her temper tantrum.

Rachel likes to open the drawers in her dresser and drag her clothes out, usually trying on her jeans before cleaning up the mess. Jarrad and I were hanging out with her one day, and when she closed the drawer after replacing the final article of clothing, there was a tiny corner of a shirt sleeve sticking out. She began to walk away, but then stopped, turned back, and corrected the problem.

When Jarrad was blowing leaves off the yard, Rachel stood at the sliding glass door watching. I was in the kitchen, and I heard Rachel saying "uh oh, uh oh, uh oh" over and over. She was pointing outside, and, when I looked, I noticed that one of our four patio chairs was tipped over and leaning on the one next to it. Jarrad finally made it around to the patio, and Rachel seemed relieved when he replaced the chair on all four legs.

This morning at breakfast, Rachel was eating scrambled eggs and cheese cubes. All the food was distributed around her tray. I turned around to do something, and when I turned back, she had pushed all the cheese on one side of her tray, with the eggs on the other side.

When we were playing outside, Rachel found a piece of concrete that had chipped off the side of our patio, and she walked around trying to fit it into the gaps on the patio.

1 comment:

Jay said...

That's funny :) Eye for details.

I especially liked the temper tantrum and smoothing out the carpet and then returning to the temper tantrum hahah. She is such an actor :)