Friday, February 8, 2008

veggie monster

For over a week, Rachel outright refused to eat vegetables of any kind. Five days ago, I scooped some green peas into a little Rachel-sized bowl, and she began to whine and say, "No-no-no-no...." I told her she didn't have to eat the peas, I just wanted to put them on her tray, in case she changes her mind (sometimes, when she refuses a food, I'll put it in front of her and then pretend not to notice or care if she eats it, and, as soon as I turn my back, she eats it). The closer the peas got to her, the more upset she became, to the point where she was crying actual tears by the time I set them on her tray. She cried, but ceased immediately when I removed the peas. Drama, drama. Yesterday for lunch, Rachel ate a scrambled egg with cheese, a big serving of yogurt, and a big serving of applesauce (the applesauce made special for her by her PopPop). Ten minutes after cleaning her up and getting her down from her seat, she was asking to eat again. I said to her, "Fine--if you want to eat again, you are going to eat vegetables." We went back and forth a time or two, and she protested, but finally agreed that she would eat green beans ("bee beas"). I opened a can and handed her a bean. She smiled at it and held it for a minute, and then she ate it. And THEN, she asked for more. I gave her more, which she ate, and then asked for more, until the whole can of beans was gone. I could not believe it, but praise God!

cute moment

While she was eating those beans, I scooped up a bean that was curved at the end and then came to a point. When Rachel saw it, she pointed, laughed, and then said, "duck, duck, duck, duck." She is so silly.

non-toy toy of the day

Rachel has such fun riding on her blanket-sleigh.

Rachel also thinks it's great fun to diaper Elmo.

1 comment:

Denise Travis said...

She's so adorable, Anna! And so smart! That's pretty creative to see a duck in a green bean!