Monday, March 3, 2008

who am i?

We had company for dinner tonight, and Rachel became all smiles and cutes. The best thing, though, is that she got really snuggly and lovey on her mommy. She kept wanting hugs, and she squeezed her cheek to mine, grinning. She repeated, "Maaamaaaa" really sweetly, patting my arm and smiling. While I was eating, she sat next to me with her arm locked around mine, and she kept crawling in my lap, just to sit there. She did run around some and show off in other ways, but she seemed really proud of me tonight, for whatever reason. And that felt so good.

non-toy toy of the day

Jarrad was doing some yard work over the weekend, and Rachel and I decided to help after her nap. Rachel followed right behind her daddy, picking up sticks and pine cones from the yard. Once he was satisfied that the yard was cleared, Jarrad began trimming stragglies from a couple of the bushes. Just as I was thinking I should get Rachel some toy garden tools, she walks up to a bush with a stick and begins her own pruning. Why would I think I need to buy her little plastic toys? The stick she had was the perfect tool to "snip snip." She also found a "broom" (a pine twig with pine straw still on one end), and she swept up all the sidewalks.

1 comment:

Denise Travis said...

Rachel adorable, Anna! I love the hat!! I couldn't get the video to load on this computer...I'm hoping I'll get to see it on our other computer!