Monday, June 23, 2008

big move

I tried to move Rachel to a big bed tonight. We've been prepping her new room for a week and a half, and after her nap today, she and I moved her toys and clothes, and played there for most of the afternoon. I've been talking it up, and she seemed excited.

But she's happily asleep in her crib now, after a brief attempt at the big bed. She changed her mind quickly when I got up to leave her there, and she didn't even stay long enough for me to make it out of the room. Poor, abandoned Rachel. I felt horrible for even trying, because she seemed pretty shaken up by the whole experiece.

Oh well...I guess we'll revisit this idea in a few more weeks.

2 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

MAN..all the trials of toddlerhood :-) She was probably so completely confused.

I had a friend who had a hard time with her daughter making that transition and she strongly recommends starting them in the big girl beds for nap time until they get used to it. STILL...all kiddos are different?

I am soaking all this in...so keep me posted....

Lindsey Broere said...

MAN..all the trials of toddlerhood :-) She was probably so completely confused.

I had a friend who had a hard time with her daughter making that transition and she strongly recommends starting them in the big girl beds for nap time until they get used to it. STILL...all kiddos are different?

I am soaking all this in...so keep me posted....