Wednesday, October 10, 2007

yard work

We've had guys working all week on making the rough land behind our house into a backyard! It is really exciting to see it all come together, and it's been a fun distraction for Rachel. They are planting grass tomorrow, and that'll be it for now! I can't wait to have a fun and safe place for Rachel to play!

cute moment

Rachel and I were out and about tonight, and, once the sun went down, it was so nice outside. We had dinner with my friend Shawna, and then we followed Rachel around for about 30 minutes, as she pushed her stroller haphazardly. I tried to keep at least one finger on the handle to guide it, but if Rachel caught me doing that, she had a fit. I guess SHE wanted to do it.

When we got home tonight, Rachel and I went straight to her room to play quietly until bedtime. She has developed a bad habit of throwing toys and books, and I'm trying to teach her to be "gentle." She threw a book at me, and I sternly said, "No, Rachel, NO throw the books." She hopped right over and collapsed in my lap, grinning her cutest grin, gave me a kiss, pointed to me and said, sweetly, "Mama," and then pointed to herself and said, "Baby." I think if she had the words, she would have said, "How can you be mad at me, Mommy? I'm your baby!"

non-toy toy of the day

As we were meandering around outside, good-citizen Rachel, who, as you know, loves to collect and dispose of trash, picked up a cigarette butt. "Ta!" she declared, pointing to the trash receptacle. EWWWWW!

4 comments:

Kim said...

We can't wait to come over and play in the new yard!!!! Tyler wants to see the tractor!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL!
KIKI

Jay said...

haha :)

the cute moments make ma laugh

Denise Travis said...

such a big girl!!! i know you are having fun!

denise t

Travis said...

Tyler does the same thing when pushing the stroller - don't let him catch you "guiding" it from above in ANY WAY. He goes ballistic and yells and points!!