Sunday, January 13, 2008

bunny rabbit

Rachel had FOUR girlfriends over to play this morning, and I had fun visiting with the other mommies, too. It is wonderful to have other mommy friends who are having the same experiences at the same time. It's nice to know I'm not alone with temper tantrums and teething, too-short naps, too-early mornings, and unintelligible toddler-speak. I just love you guys!

cute moment

Rachel got a scare today. She was playing with a small ball in the living room, and it rolled under a piece of furniture on the hardwood floor. As usual, there were a couple of dust bunnies under there, and, as Rachel reached under to get the ball, she pulled out a dust bunny. She dropped the little gob of fuzz and dust and ran over to me, wide-eyed, and said "up." It frightened her!

And here's what Rachel does when we say, "smile, Rachel," for a picture.

non-toy toy of the day

This isn't really a non-toy, but it's pretty creative, I think. Rachel's imagination gets more and more colorful. Yesterday, when building with her blocks, stacking them carelessly, and she added one last block to the top. I double-glanced at it, and noticed it kind of looked like a giraffe. Rachel was looking at it, too, and I guess she reached a similar conclusion, because she leaned over and kissed it right on the nose! I laughed and she laughed, and then she kissed it again so I could take a picture. Silly girl.

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOVE THE HAT RACHEL!!!! You look like a big girl!!

Aunt KIKI

Uncle J, please post a video
Ty