Tuesday, January 15, 2008

zoe girl

My little girl has been sweet so far this week. We've had some quality mommy-daughter time after a hectic weekend of having to share her with lots of friends and family. She's talking a lot more these days, too, and it's fun to hear what she has to say. She constantly asks to "eat," but doesn't really seem interested in food if I offer it. I think she just likes saying "eat." She's been having potty woes, but I'd like to blame it on this never-ending cold she has, although I can't really be sure that's what it is. She did quite well today, though, so I'm encouraged.

cute moment

Yesterday, Rachel was attempting to play with her LeapFrog radio, but the batteries were dead. I told her it needed batteries, it's broken, it needs to be fixed (to which she now always replies, "Daddy"). She ran over to her daddy and gave him the toy and then disappeared for a minute. When she returned, she had the rechargeable batteries that had been plugged into the power strip under our bed. Smart girl! She pointed to the batteries and then to the radio and looked at Jarrad, expectantly. I laughed for a while from that one.

This afternoon, Rachel decided she needed to barricade our door, so she began transferring a number of her toys and books, arranging them snugly against the door to our garage. Jarrad had trouble coming in when he got home! I'm not sure what got her started, but it was all her idea.

Tonight, as we were going through our nightly bedtime routine, I turned off the lights in Rachel's room and sat down with her in the rocking chair. She put her head on my shoulder, and then popped up and said, "Jeeeesus." She's never said that before! She wanted me to sing "Jesus Loves Me," per routine. I sang extra long for that.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I'm loving her toothy grins!