Sunday, July 27, 2008

roadtrip

Last week, I took Rachel for a long-anticipated visit with my Grandma Mae (Rachel Mae is named after my two grandmothers). It is a long drive to get there--2.5 hours--and spending the night isn't really an option, because we don't want to wear Grandma out too much, so Rachel was looking at a solid 5 hours strapped in the car seat. I was dreading the drive, but I talked to Rachel a lot about it the day before, and she was really excited about going to Grandma's house. She seemed to actually get the being-in-a-car-a-really-long-time thing for the first time, because she was an angel the whole day, in the car and at Grandma's house. She even took a good nap in "Grandma's biiiig bed." When I got home, a good friend told me she was praying for us and our trip all day, and I really felt it! Here are some pics from our trip... BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare

4 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

Those pictures are SO precious! You have such a sweet little one!

Unknown said...

It's always amazing how you can tell when someone is praying for you, and it's also amazing how God cares so much about the simple things in life. What a compassionate God we serve!!

Super cute pictures!! I love the one with Rachel, Mimi, and Grandma Mae. I bet Grandma Mae thoroughly enjoyed your visit.

Raising the Rollins' said...

Great pics...she keeps getting more and more beautiful! When are we going to see a pic of your belly??? Eh?

Raising the Rollins' said...

Love the pics....she keeps getting more and more beautiful! When do we get to see a pic of your belly? Eh?