Friday, August 1, 2008

cut the hair

I kept it kind of hush hush because I wasn't sure I'd go through with it--Rachel got her first haircut this afternoon! The bottom of the back was getting so long and wispy, and her whole head kinda looked like it had feathers on it sometimes. Sooooo...she got a haircut. And now, her little curls are curlier and bouncier, and I feel good about the decision. I'll have to take a better after picture, but, honestly, it doesn't look much different...

A word about the title of this post: When I go for a haircut, my friend Theresa often comes over to babysit Rachel while I'm gone. For days after, whenever I am getting ready to go anywhere, Rachel asks, "Mommy cut the hair?" I haven't had a haircut in 6 weeks, though, and she's talking much better now. She is more accurate when she describes her own experience today as a "haircut."

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Anna...as always, she's beautiful!! :) I love the cool haircut chair she is sitting in. :) They didn't have such things when we were young.

Raising the Rollins' said...

Awe...so cute! Where did you take her? Looks like a lot of fun...

Why is it so hard to get their hair cut? I'm so much happier that I had Levi's cut, but it took me over a week to give in and agree to go!