Thursday, August 21, 2008

i uv ooo

When I left Rachel in her room for nap time today, she played happily [and loudly] for several minutes before falling asleep, which is not unusual. Today, however, she added a new twist: in the middle of her play, she started sweetly yelling, "MOOOOMMY! MOMMY! MOOOOOOMMY! I UV OOO, MOMMY! I UV OOO!" As she probably predicted in her mind, I melted when I heard it. I did, however, resist the desire to go snuggle her to pieces, which disappointed her into her more usual pre-sleep whine. Still, it made me feel pretty warm and fuzzy...

Here is sweet Rachel, enjoying one of MY yummy, gourmet chocolate birthday cupcakes baked by Ms. Lynn. She was pretty Stokked. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

rachel mae!!! you are the cutest!!!
I uv ooo!!!
~tia Milli

Natasha said...

Oh my goodness...how SWEET!!! How can you resist such a cutie??? You are such a great mommy!!! :)

Lindsey Broere said...

HOW cute! They just know at such an early age how to speak right to your heart....still don't know how you managed to not run in there. WAIT I guess the thought of a no-napping two year old kinda squashed any desire to go snuggle :-)

We are looking forward to Wednesday. Layla saw the picture of Rachel...I asked her if she'd like to go and play with herl and Layla bolted to the door with her diaper bag in tow. HA!

Anonymous said...

So incredibly smart and sweet.