Sunday, October 19, 2008

moody

Maybe it's the hormones from being soooo pregnant, but I'm feeling a little hurt today. This morning, Jarrad went early to church to help set things up, so I went in Rachel's room when she woke up. Although Jarrad has been the first to her bedside more often lately, it is still I who usually greets her in the morning. Today, she woke up happy, and was talking and singing, and I went in with a big smile and happy, "Good morning, Sweet Girl!" Rachel burst into tears. "I WANT DAAAADDY!" It took some consolation and promises that we'd see him at church before she was content with just raggedy ole Mommy.

Right now, she's been in her room for naptime for a little less than two hours. She's been yelling "DAAAAAADDY" for almost 45 minutes, taking breaks here and there to sing or talk to her friends, and occasionally specifying, "not Mommy--DAAAAAADDY."

sheesh.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I know how you feel because Tyler does that to me every Monday morning. "Where is Daddy?" But then I have to think praise be to God they have a wonderful Father that wants to spend time with them and that loves them beyond measure!!! And in a few short days, it will give you peace of mind that she has someone taking good care of her while you are with baby sister!! Remind me all of this in Feb. LOVE YOU!!

Julie said...

Daddy is also King at our house. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,

I’m sorry to tell you that when your hormone levels are back to normal, this will probably hurt as much. I speak from experience :)