Friday, October 3, 2008

singin' the blues

I have been a completely uninspired blogger of late. Rachel has so much personality these days, and I feel so brain-dead that I can't seem to put her little personality into words for a blog. I hope it will come back to me soon...

I did want to point out one unbelievable thing (to me, anyway): Jarrad and I hit double-digits today. 10 years ago--TEN--we went on our first official date. Woah. We're getting old. Ten years ago, I was barely 18 and he was 19, and he took me to Chili's and to hear a friend of his play the blues at a cute little bookstore/coffee shop. He introduced me to intimate live music and Stewart's Orange Cream Soda that night, and, although it took me a while to come around, I really did start to fall in love with him then. He was so sweet and boyish, with his big blue eyes and James Dean-like wardrobe. I heard Jarrad play the blues a few weeks later at another hole-in-the-wall down the road from the site of our first date, and can I just say that...um...there's nothing like a cute boy playing soulful music. Chili's became a fav date for us throughout college, and he eventually proposed to me there, almost three years later. Remembering my college years is equivalent to remembering that season when we were so carefree and in love, and I wouldn't trade that experience for anything in the world. In fact, I'd relive it several times over if I could!

Anyway, sorry to all you Rachel-followers who are mostly waiting for another blog about our little sugarplum...here are a few pics to keep you afloat...

5 comments:

Natasha said...

Yes, I missed Rachel, and, you too. :) She's beautiful as ever!!

Thinking back to those care free days makes me smile as well. What happened to those days??? Time flies and responsibility grows!!!

And...that's okay...

Lindsey Broere said...

Awhhh...maybe you guys can have a little date night at Chili's...

I've missed you! How did things get so busy...I was so worried that the baby came early and I didn't want to call and be a bother :-) So maybe I'll call and be a bother tomorrow..he he!

Denise Travis said...

CONGRATULATIONS and Happy Anniversary!!!

I just looked at your countdown, Anna! almost 37 weeks! Hope you are feeling good, though I'm sure very ready to have this new baby!!

Jon said...

Way to work that guitar mojo on Anna way back in the day, Jarrad. The ladies just can't resist it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. That was beautifully written. Of course it would be interesting to read how Jarrad experienced this blooming romance....