Wednesday, February 4, 2009

not forgotten

I have neglected to post much lately about my less articulate daughter. She is growing so fast, and it already makes me sad that she's zoomed past the newborn stage. She woke up on Christmas eve with RSV, and it has taken these last seven weeks to really mend. Although she's been sick for half of her little life so far, she is the most pleasant, easy-going baby I could ever want. She sleeps well and nurses well, she smiles and plays, and I just can't get enough snuggles from her. Her fuzzy dark brown hair seems to be growing, and her eyes just get bluer and bluer.

My little Carly is three months old today. I feel like I blinked my eyes and it happened--her clothes are getting tight and her cheeks are getting chubby. She's still getting up twice a night, and she's still in our room; I plan to move her upstairs to the nursery when she stops having coughing fits, if that ever that happens.

As for the rest of us, having two has definitely been an adjustment, and being stuck in the house has been wearing on all of us. But I wouldn't trade any of it, because my sweet Carly is the perfect little addition to our family. Rachel really really loves her, and so do Mommy and Daddy.

4 comments:

Raising the Rollins' said...

oh anna - she is absolutely gorgeous! of course! love ya and i'm glad you all are doing well.

Matt and Lisa said...

what sweet pictures!

Anonymous said...

She's totally gorgeous. She's going to have that rare, but wonderful combination of brown hair and blue eyes. You've got beautiful girls! :)

Natasha said...

Anna...those blue eyes are perfect!!! She's going to be a heartbreaker...or should I say...she already IS a heartbreaker. :) So sweet....