Monday, February 2, 2009

more ramblings

On the way home from church yesterday:

Rachel (holding her beanie baby dog): Why we not take it inside?

Mommy: Because we don't want it to get lost.

Rachel: Why we not want it to get lost?

Mommy: Well, because then we wouldn't have it, would we?

Rachel: Because it's God's? It belongs to God?

Mommy (pleased that Rachel has been listening): Yes! It does belong to God.

Rachel: What God wants to do with it?

Mommy: Well, I don't know, what do you think He wants to do with it?

Rachel: Play with it.

Mommy: If we met a boy or girl who didn't have a toy dog, do you think God would want us to give it to him?

Rachel (offering the dog): Here, God. ...He's not in the car.

Mommy: No, I mean, like if Noah didn't have a toy dog, do you think God would want us to give him the dog?

Rachel: Which Noah?

Mommy: Whichever one doesn't have a dog. Oh never mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,
Hahahahaha.
You're in over your head.

Anonymous said...

Rachel really looks like Jarrad in that pic!

Natasha said...

Isn't it funny to HEAR what is going on inside the mind of a child??? That's a part of my job that I love...and you get the blessing of experiencing it everyday in your own home. :) So innocent...

Only Servants Ministries said...

I totally peed my pants laughing. I have much to look forward to, i believe! Anna- stinkin hilarious I tell you...