Thursday, February 22, 2007

how 'bout them peas??

Rachel woke up at 5:00am today. I had hopes that she would go back to sleep. She didn't. And, even though I slept horribly last night, I somehow didn't feel too tired. I think my sleep has lapsed. She went to sleep easily for her morning nap (1 hr 15 mins) and woke up with a dry diaper, and then slept as pictured this afternoon for a whole hour. (I didn't put the doll there--that's how these two were when I peeked in!) We went for a walk outside today before dinner...

And, yes, how was dinner? I tried giving her the peas. She liked them, I think, more than the carrots, but not crazy about them. After a few bites, it was clear I should break out the pre-packaged Gerber peas. I will be trying again, but with dried peas I think. I used fresh-frozen--maybe not the best choice.

Aunt Mamber came over for a visit late this afternon. Rachel was so excited to have another person to climb on!

Progress Report

 pottydiaperfloor
peepee471
poop10

Rachel was very obstinate when it came to pottying and diapering today, and I'm pretty certain we had our first protest "accident." She hopped off the potty and, before I even had a chance to hold her down and diaper her, she scooted under her crib, where she peepeed on the floor.

cute moment

Rachel rediscovered Monkey today. Monkey was given to her by Aunt Julie at Christmas. He wears a lovely red NC State shirt, and Rachel LOVES him. He's been away for a few days (out of toy rotation), and when she found him, she could not stop giving him kisses. She laughed and kissed and laughed and kissed. It was a happy reunion.

non-toy toy of the day

Rachel played with one of her BabyLegs socks for a really long time today. It stretches nicely, so she could pull it and sling it around. What great fun!

No comments: