Monday, February 26, 2007

tomorrow is another day

Mondays are recovery days for Rachel and me. The weekend is always packed with visitors and going places, so I try to keep Mondays clear for us to just chill out. Today, we definitely needed it. Rachel woke up this morning at 5:45. I like for her to stay awake until 9:00am for her nap, because I find that she won't sleep as long if I put her down before. But today, she would not last, and I ended up putting her down at 8:45am. And, sure enough, she was back up at 9:30. I held her off until 1:00 for her afternoon nap, but she woke up at 1:45. What is going on with this child? Poor baby--she's so overtired she doesn't know what to do. Needless to say, it was early to bed tonight. Maybe we'll recover tomorrow.

Our friend, Carla, gave Rachel a new book yesterday. It's called No More Diapers for Ducky!, and it is adorable. Rachel thought the pictures were funny enough to laugh out loud. I guess it is funny to see a pig sitting on a potty!

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee84
poop20

She had such an amazing potty day, that I let her go diaperless almost all afternoon!

cute moment

Rachel's current favorite game is to drop her paci while I'm holding her, and I lower her way down to pick it up and then pull her back up again. She grins and does it all over again. This morning, I had Rachel in our bedroom and she was playing this game, and she was also looking all around (we're not in there very often). She apparently spotted a pair of my socks on the floor, and she wanted them. So, she dropped her paci so it would land right by the socks. When I lowered her to pick it up, she immediately grabbed a sock instead! What a stinker!

non-toy toy of the day

A few onesies, a couple of outfits, three pairs of socks, and two washcloths: the contents of Rachel's laundry basket. She played there for a really long time today. She pulled clothes out and handed them back and forth to herself, pulled them over her face, sat on them, rolled on top of them, swung them around, and pulled on them. The basket itself was fun too. She tipped it over, examined the weave, and played with the ribbon.

1 comment:

shellyeve said...

she's gorgeous! i totally laughed when i saw you updating on the potty log! so funny! only anna...
:)
it's been forever - i'd love to catch up sometime.
hope you guys are well!