Wednesday, February 28, 2007

to potty is divine

We had another 4:30am bout this morning. I was afraid she had dirtied her diaper, so I checked it, and it was dry! Did she wake up to use the potty? I sat her down, and she went! But she did not settle back into sleep very easily, so I don't think it was connected. She woke up again at 6:30am, and her diaper was VERY wet--and I don't think she cared.

We met some friends at the food court in the mall for lunch today. April was due with her second baby two days before I was due with Rachel. At first, they found out they were having a girl. We immediately began planning our girls' first princess birthday party together. Then they found out they were having a boy. We immediately began planning their wedding. Alex was born about two weeks before Rachel. He joined his big sister Ruby to make a cute little American dream family!

Rachel has become quite the snugglebug lately. She often will climb up to me (or Daddy) just to rest her head on my face and stroke my hair for a second. Sometimes she'll offer a big sloppy kiss, or she'll look right into my eyes like she's trying to tell me something. It's so sweet, and it makes me feel so loved. It is amazing how much that little thing means to me.

Aunt Mamber came over after bedtime so Jarrad could go to a basketball game with Landin, and I went to see my cousin Bethany. It's so nice to have family so close! Rachel is a very blessed little girl to be loved by so many people.

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 103<---woah!
poop 00

Another couple of days like today, and we're going to be shopping for tiny training pants! Rachel went diaperless while we were home today, except during naps. She woke up dry from her afternoon nap! In fact, she was dry when we got home from our 3-hour outing in the middle of the day, and when we came in from our late afternoon stroll. Amazing!

cute moment

When Aunt Julie came on Sunday, she and Rachel listened to the radio in her room (the one I usually use only to play her night-night CD). Hmm, why don't I ever play the radio? Rachel loves music! So, today, remembering what fun Aunt Julie had shown Rachel, I turned on the radio, which was already set to the oldies station. "GOOD GOLLY, MISS MOLLY" WOOOO! Rachel danced and danced! She also lay with her bath towel over her face and slammed her feet on the floor with great rhythm. She'll be a musician for sure! Check her out on her piano she got from GiGi at Christmas...

non-toy toy of the day

We plug in Rachel's moniter and put it right under her crib while she's sleeping. Usually, as soon as she wakes up, I go in her room, turn off her CD player, and unplug her moniter to put it away before I get her out of her crib. This afternoon, I forgot to pick up the moniter. As soon as she caught sight of it, she sprint-crawled under her crib to have a taste. I unplugged it and stayed right by her while she played and played and played.

No comments: