Friday, August 10, 2007

by the book

Rachel woke up just before 7:00am this morning, which allowed for our first normal day of napping in a while. Between her naps, we met Carla and Koen at a Children's play museum just for toddlers and preschoolers. Rachel made herself right at home, quickly moving from the tiny grocery store to the little kitchen, up the stairs of the castle and back down again, and on to the peg board. I brought food for lunch, but she stayed so busy that I didn't feed her until 1:30pm. I guess her enormous breakfast (4 oz of milk, 1 piece of loaf bread and two scrambled eggs) was enough to keep her mind off food. She protested when it was time to leave, even though we stayed much longer than I had planned. It was naptime when we left, and I was sure Rachel would fuss all the way home, but she entertained herself quite well, going right to sleep when we got home. Since we had such a textbook day, we celebrated with dinner out at a new Hibachi restaurant nearby, and our friends Theresa and Ben, with their 8-year-old daughter Alex came along too! What a fun day.

Progress Report

In true textbook fashion, Rachel was near-perfect on the potty today as well. She had two wet diapers while we were at the museum, but who could blame us for losing track? She also used the potty while we were there, which was exciting to me.

cute moment

Rachel was in a great mood all day today. When I was trying to convince Rachel it was time to leave, she kept reaching for Carla and saying, "up." Carla held her some and then gave her back to me. I told her to say "bye bye" to Koen, but instead, she reached for him! She said, "up," and Koen was not sure what to do! Well, he is a lot bigger than Rachel, so I guess it's fair for her to think he could hold her!

non-toy toy of the day

This afternoon, Rachel carried around a greeting card and a yellow highlighter for an hour. Before bed, I asked her politely to leave those items downstairs. She considered for a moment, then dropped the card, gave the highlighter a hug and held it for a moment before dropping it, too.

1 comment:

Jay said...

haha gave the highlighter a hug :) thats cute.