Wednesday, August 22, 2007

one nap

Today was another day. Rachel slept until 7:15am, so I knew not to expect a morning nap. She did get really sleepy and cranky, though, so I put a few of her stuffed animals and three books in her crib and let her have some "quiet time" for about 40 minutes around 9:30am. She seemed to appreciate that, and was in a fairly good mood the rest of the morning. I tried to feed her an early lunch, but she wasn't terribly interested after her two-egg breakfast this morning. She ate slowly, but I still was able to put her down for a nap at 12:45pm. She had no trouble going to sleep, but woke up at 2:10pm. She played well all afternoon, though, and only showed signs of fatigue every now and then. I do wish she would take a longer nap, even if it is just one...

cute moment

We went to GiGi and Pop's church tonight, and, although Rachel was tired, she lit up for the adoring crowd. She cried when I dropped her off in childcare, but she apparently got over it. When I came back to get her, she and one of the ladies were walking down the hall, Rachel in her prissy floral-print pink, green, and yellow dress, paci dangling, dragging Monkey on the floor behind her. She was peeking in every room, and the lady was telling her, "Oh, it's dark in there." Finally, Rachel looked up and saw me, and she sprinted in my direction, only to fall over her own feet. She scrambled up, still grinning, and held up her arms to be held. So sweet.

non-toy toy of the day

GiGi brought me a birthday gift when she came over the other day, and Rachel has been playing with the tissue paper ever since. She likes to walk on it and hear it crinkle, ball it up in her hand, and stuff it in one of her purses or shopping bags.

1 comment:

Travis said...

Hey Sis! A good read as always!! Rachel is the sweetest little girl I know! I love you! - your brother.