Tuesday, August 7, 2007

mac and cheese

Rachel was awake early this morning, at 6:00am. She held up pretty well, though, and she went right to sleep at 9:00am for her morning nap. My cousin DeeDee's kids, Sarah(5) and David(3), came over around 9:30am to stay for a little while. When Rachel woke up around 10:30am, the three of us headed upstairs to greet her. Sarah and David went right into Rachel's room and started playing with her toys, as Rachel watched from the crib. I offered several times to get her down so she could play too, but she seemed content observing from afar. When she finally thought it was safe, she agreed to join in the play. The big kids intrigued Rachel, and they had fun watching her toddle around.

Rachel begged to go outside all day today. I told her "no." There is no way we are playing outside when it's 100 degrees. How do people survive without air conditioning? It's amazing.

Aunt Mamber came by this afternoon, and she and Jarrad hung out with Rachel while I got to go hang out with some former coworkers of mine. It's nice to finally feel like I'm getting a life back, but it's kind of sad at the same time, because it means my baby is growing up (I know those of you with older children think I'm crazy, but just let me be melodramatic at the moment, thank you very much).

Progress Report

After hearing about my friend's early potty training success, I was motivated anew today. Rachel wore a cotton diaper sans waterproof cover most of the day, and I took her to the big potty regularly. It worked out great, and I'm encouraged. Sitting her on the little potty had become quite the power struggle (she begs and whines and fusses and cries for her toys), but she does great in the bathroom, as if she knows what that room is for; she gets right down to business. She also loves watching it flush down as she waves and says "bye bye."

I didn't keep count today, but I think Rachel wet three diapers and pooped twice in her diaper (I still don't know what is up with that).

cute moment

Rachel figured out how to push her ride-on car toy around today. She still is not sure how to ride on it, but she was really proud of pushing it and steering it.

non-toy toy of the day

Washcloths (video by Jarrad)

2 comments:

AnniePat said...

Jarrad bought a mac book computer last weekend (tax free!), and he's been playing with the cool video editing software a lot. mac (the computer) and cheese (Jarrad).

Anonymous said...

i loved all the rings on rachel. so funny. super cute video!