Monday, June 29, 2009

she won't forget this one, part deux

We had Rachel's family birthday party on Sunday, and it was soooo fun to have everyone around to celebrate! Our girls have so many people who love them so much, and we feel so blessed to have them all so close by. Rachel got [too many] gifts, and she was thrilled to be the center of attention. I would like to point out that I made her cake (thank-you-very-much), since her only request was that it be purple (she's a little fixated on the color purple right now). I used my mom's chocolate pound cake recipe (yum) and made real buttercream icing with purple tint. I don't think it was really the most beautiful cake (it ain't my thing), but Rachel LOVED it, and it was super-yummy. The yummyness, well...I just think that's all a cake needs.

4 comments:

Natasha said...

Anna...the cake is perfect! I love the heart shape. And, yes, you are right...the yumminess is the most important thing about a cake.

I love Rachel's pink boots...I'm guessing those were a gift.

What a cute picture of the whole family! :)

Raising the Rollins' said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! Perfect cake too...anything with chocolate can't be bad!

Denise Travis said...

Your girls are just beautiful! I think Carly is looking more like you!

Matt and Lisa said...

I think the cake is cute - perfect for a purple birthday! Leah keeps asking for a flamingo birthday party... so we'll see how that turns out. It's so hard to believe our first babies are turning 3! You guys are a cute little family of 4 - love seeing the whole family picture!