Tuesday, June 26, 2007

hello closer-to-two

Ever since she learned to say "no," Rachel seems to have suddenly become Miss Defiant. I feel an urgency now to figure out a discipline technique of one kind or another, because hollering "NO" at her all day ain't cuttin' it. Rachel's naps were too short today, too, so she was really cranky, even crying a lot, for no apparent reason, between her naps. It made the day long, but we survived. After her second nap, we took my car to the new AutoBell close to our house. It was a nice distraction, and Rachel got to explore new territory for a few minutes while we waited.

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 57
poop 01

When I went to get Rachel from her crib first thing this morning, she had a dirty diaper. I felt terrible...she had cried for a few minutes around 4:15am, but stopped abruptly and fell back to sleep. I'm afraid she may have slept in that for over 2 hours. Yuck!

cute moment

Rachel touched an outlet today, and said, "nah nah." Of course, I screeched, "NO TOUCH, Rachel," because we consider outlet-touching a serious offense. She looked at me and then picked up one of her stuffed animals, lunged him toward the outlet, and yelled, "NAH NAH."

non-toy toy of the day

One of Jarrad's computer gadgets came in a cool box that has a plastic handle. Rachel carried it around like a suitcase this afternoon, like she was packed and ready for a big trip.

1 comment:

Matt and Lisa said...

Oh boy, we have that to look forward to! Leah looks at me so funny when I tell her "no, no." I don't know what's going through her little head, but for now, she'll usually stop what she's doing and turn to something else.... unless it's something especially fun like cords, then I have to pick her up and move her along with telling her "no, no." We'll have to share discipline secrets, okay?