Monday, June 11, 2007

repunzel

Today was such a long day. Rachel woke up, ready to play, at 5:15am. By 7:00am, she was one cranky baby, so she went down for her 1.5 hour morning nap at 7:15am. That made the whole day so weird. To make it worse, since Jarrad is working so hard on the half-bathroom, the whole downstairs is no-touch zone. To avoid chasing Rachel, saying, "No touch, no touch" all day, we have been locked in her room. We did take a field trip to WalMart to break up the morning, but her sleeping was so off that she was really difficult today. I could not keep her awake past 6:00pm tonight (well, not without pulling my hair out). If we have a repeat tomorrow...I'll figure out some way to fix it. Maybe...

PopPop is still working on painting our house (I'm so excited!!), so Aunt Mamber and Cousin Anthony joined us for dinner and a visit this evening. I thought I cooked a lot of food, but those hungry people did not leave any to spare! I guess big guys doing manual labor yields big appetites!

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 65
poop 10

Rachel figured out a potty trick of her own today. She learned that if she doesn't want to sit on the potty, I give in to her when she snuggles up and gives me a long hug. It feels so good...what's a mommy to do? I must counter her...but how...

cute moment

PopPop spent all day caulking the house (what a job!). He spent a good part of the afternoon right outside Rachel's window. Periodically, he climbed his ladder so that he was just on the other side of the pane. Rachel cackled at the faces he made, and I think it was just funny to her that someone was out there!

non-toy toy of the day

Rachel played with a pair of cute tiny tennis shoes that she's worn once (I cleaned them, don't worry). They're so difficult to get on her feet that she'll probably never wear them again. But what fun toys! She has always loved shoes, and these are just the right size to carry around. She also started saying, "shoes" in Rachel language: she loosely buzzes her lips and vocalizes at the same time, approximating the "oooo" sound in "shoes." It's so funny to hear her "words."

No comments: