Tuesday, June 5, 2007

a grin means happy

Rachel seemed to be feeling a bit better this afternoon. We went on a field trip to EarthFare today. I love that store--it's never crowded and everyone is so nice. I never have much to buy, but we always linger for several minutes. I think Rachel was glad to get out of the house, and I know I was glad to get out for some new scenery. Overall, it was a fairly quiet, restful day. Rachel finally got "new" toys that have been out of rotation for a while, and she was really content playing with them most of the day.

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 43
poop 00

cute moment

Here's Rachel waking up from her wonderful almost-two-hour morning nap...

non-toy toy of the day

Rachel gets really excited over her kitchen cabinet. I haven't switched what's in there at all; it's just the same couple pieces of tupperware, two cards mailed to her by two of her great-grandmas, a cereal box, and a few rectangular pieces of cardstock, perfect for gathering and carrying around. She usually toddles in the kitchen, goes for one of the locked cabinets, and then, as if to suddenly remember, she turns to her cabinet door with a yell of excitement. She opens the door and yells again, looks up at me, and then begins pulling things out, one by one, periodically shrieking or yelling, and sometimes picking one thing to carry around for a while.

3 comments:

Denise Travis said...

I keep meaning to get to Earthfare, but I just haven't done it. With your recommendation, I'm more motivated to check it out!

I loved the video. I smiled and smiled just watching it!

PS....this is Denise TRAVIS

Anonymous said...

that was def the sweetest grin ever! Mi ma y yo have seen the video 3 times in 1 min jijiji
~tia Milli

Matt and Lisa said...

You changed your crib bumper! Now ours match.