Thursday, June 21, 2007

gobbler

We had another good day, with a 1.5 hour morning nap and a 2 hour afternoon nap! Rachel and I met her friend Koen and his mommy Carla for lunch. I was determined to feed Rachel real real food, so I ordered for her from the Kids' menu!! She had some yummy mac & cheese, and she ate some cottage cheese and crackers from the salad bar. She was such a good girl! And Koen was in a great mood, grinning the whole meal and cleaning his plate. I took Rachel's new flip phone with us, and was very careful to pick it up when we left (Koen had been playing with it and so it was at his place on the table). After I drove away, I realized I had left MY cell phone on the table! I was pretty frustrated with myself. Luckily, Carla and Koen hung around long enough for the waitress to chase them down with it. I can be so spacey.

So far, since Rachel's birthday, she has tried and LOVED chicken, corn, and turkey. Poor PopPop offered Rachel some of his corn and ended up never getting a bite. In fact, I had to heat up more because Rachel ate so much! I was a little worried it might upset her stomach, but it didn't seem to bother her at all. She also gobbled up some turkey tonight. It's a relief that she likes chicken and turkey, because I haven't really given her any meat, and I was afraid she would hate it!

Rachel also experienced bubbles for the first time today. I thought she would be enthralled. She was barely impressed, and quickly continued her rock collecting.

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 36
poop 20

cute moment

Rachel and I had some quality snuggle time tonight. She seemed ready for bed before I wanted to put her down, so we sat in the rocking chair and played with a little cloth. I put it over her face, and she pulled it off and put it on her belly, and then waited for me to be surprised (she opened her mouth in anticipation of me doing the same). As soon as my mouth dropped open and I gasped, she just cackled! She could hardly contain herself, and we played the game over and over.

non-toy toy of the day

PopPops are good for inventing new, strange games. Rachel loved her sled, which was really part of the box from the scrapbook Aunt KiKi made (the most beautiful scrapbook you've ever seen). Since Rachel is so into sitting on things, it was the perfect game.

No comments: