Thursday, July 12, 2007

another nap, another dollar

Rachel slept in until 6:25am today! I was thrilled to see the sun was up before Rachel, so I was in a good mood. She started getting cranky around 8:30am, right on schedule for her 9:00am nap. However, for some reason, for whatever reason, it took her a full hour to go to sleep. She slept and slept and slept, until 12:10pm. What a nice break for Mommy!

Between naps, we visited Ms. Kathy, who lives really close by. She has a son who grew up with Jarrad, so she's almost like family! She also JUST became a grandma, but her grandbaby lives on another continent for a few more weeks. I thought it might be nice for her to get a baby fix (even though I'm feeling less and less like Rachel's a baby anymore) as she looks forward to meeting her granddaughter, Ava. Rachel, as usual, enjoyed exploring Ms. Kathy's home and picking up Ms. Kathy's things, and sitting on Ms. Kathy's tiny footstool.

We came home right at what I thought would be a good time to put Rachel down for her afternoon nap. 3:15pm did not work out for her though. After going back and forth with her several times, I gave up around 4:30pm. Aunt Mamber came over, and Rachel was really glad to see her (it's been over a week!), so that was a good distraction for super-tired Rachel. She was in bed tonight at 7:30pm. I wonder what time morning will come for us...

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 58
poop 31

Does anyone out there think these are ridiculous numbers? She was doing fairly well today until her afternoon nap attempt. The problem is that she seems to have figured out that she can talk to me from her crib. So about 10 minutes after I lay her down, I hear her in the crib: "GOOgoo GOOgoo GOOgoo." She's saying potty...does she need to potty? I don't want to ignore her if she needs to potty. I gave her a chance to potty before her nap and she didn't go. Did she hold it so she could call on me like this? Fine, I'll go up there. And so I go. And her diaper is wet (or dirty, like it was this afternoon). I sit her on the potty. She's amused and doesn't do a thing. She's back in the crib, I leave, and wait...10 minutes later the sequence repeats. What in the world??? This afternoon, she went through THREE diapers like this. The first was dirty, and the other two were just barely wet, as if she had squeezed some out so she'd have an excuse to get out of the crib. Is that possible? She seems to little for such complicated manipulation...er...

cute moment

While Rachel was awake in her crib this morning, I heard her on the monitor, laughing. What made her laugh? I wish I knew what she was thinking sometimes!

non-toy toy of the day

Ms. Kathy has a wonderful set of bunnies who sit on the floor by her entertainment center. Rachel tried to pick them up, but they were too heavy. She scooted them around for a minute and then moved on to easier decor.

No comments: