Tuesday, July 10, 2007

she knows my name

I had no idea how good it would feel to get back into the routine of things today. I didn't work terribly hard getting things back in order, but I just enjoyed being home, where there are quiet, still, alone minutes. In a day or two, I'm sure we'll be getting stir-crazy again, but, for now, it's nice.

Rachel seems really glad to be home too. She slept until 6:45am, which helped me. She had a hard time settling into her naps, but both naps were 1.5 hours long once she went to sleep. I really she had trouble because she was having a great time re-exploring everything. We were only gone a week, but we have noticed she grew. She can reach a bit higher than she could before we left, and she gained a new skill or two while we were gone. Amazing!

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 66
poop 10

cute moment

Last week, Rachel finally really started calling me, "mama." She has said it before, but she's never really "talked" to me the way she talks to "dada." But now, sometimes while she's playing, she'll stop and say "mama" and come over and give me a hug. It melts my heart.

non-toy toy of the day

We still have some luggage from our vacation lying around. Rachel loves pulling things out of bags, so she has helped us unpack by going through and picking out every little thing she can find out of every bag she can find. I got most of it cleaned up this afternoon, but she really had a great time while it lasted.

2 comments:

Jon said...

But does she know your every thought?

Anonymous said...

awwwww "mama"...i can't wait for her to say "tia Milli" jiji
My ma likes Raquelita's dress. she said it looks fresh. ???? i guess its a mommy thing
love Tia Milli!