Wednesday, July 11, 2007

lightweight

Rachel had her 1-year physical today (a little late, I know, but it was all I could get!). She weighed in at 19lb 13oz--20% for her age. Her height was 45%, and her head circumference was 80%! I guess she has a big brain. Or a thick skull, but I'm voting for the former. She also endured a finger prick and three shots. I tried to prepare her all day by telling her the doctor would be giving her a "poke," and I poked her leg with my fingernail when I said it. She didn't really seems to get it though. I kept a happy voice when she got the finger prick, though, and she didn't even grimace at that. The shots made her squirm and wail, but it only lasted about 45 seconds, and she was back to normal (playing with her sandals). She also enjoyed wearing some colorful band aids on her wounds.

Aunt Julie and Mr. Landin came over this evening, which sent Rachel spiraling into show-off mode. She was so silly, and she showed off all her newest tricks, including walking wheelbarrow-style (I hope to get a picture soon).

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 55
poop 10

Rachel opened the drawer under our oven today, and she pulled out the cheesecake pan--the one with no bottom. She said "GOOgoo" (which means, "potty"), put it on the floor, and sat on it. Ha!

cute moment

Rachel begged me to take off my Crocs all morning. She followed me around signing, "help, please" and grabbing at them, whining and whimpering. I'm trying to teach her that she can't always have them, so I kept repeating, "Mommy needs her shoes right now." When I finally finished what I was doing, I sat down on the couch for a minute. Rachel asked for my shoes again, and I said, "Yes, Rachel, you may play with my shoes." I removed them from my feet. She looked at them and giggled, and then bent down and gave them a hug! Oh, happy reunion.

non-toy toy of the day

We visited our neighbor Mr. Henry today, and Rachel found a pen and a pencil she enjoyed carrying around...and around and around and around. His house has the perfect flow for Rachel to walk circles. Mr. Henry had a stroke a year ago, so he uses a wheelchair. He seemed to enjoy watching Rachel with all her energy as she made herself right at home.

No comments: