Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I'VE BEEN TAGGED

My friend Denise tagged me! I've never done a "tag" before, so this might be kind of fun!

Here are the rules: Tagees should write a blog post of eight random facts about themselves. At the end of the post, more bloggers are tagged. Go to their blog, leave a comment telling them they're tagged.

1. I love to sing. Because I love to sing, I learned to play guitar. What's better than singing with the radio?--singing to your own strum, without any competition from the real singer.

2. I love to dance. Before I had Rachel to occupy my time, but after I became a real, married grown-up, I would occasionally put on some hiphop really loud and dance around the living room. In college, I loved going to dance clubs on Thursday nights.

3. I've never had more than a sip of alcohol (gross), never smoked a cigarette (or anything else), don't drink coffee, and am not Mormon.

4. I like to consider myself a bit of a rebel, counter-culture even, but I'm really a goody-two-shoes. Wait...maybe that is counter-culture...

5. I'm an athlete, but I hate to exercise. You will never catch me running without a ball in my hands or feet. Why do people run? Chase me, and I can run. Give me a ball, and I can run. Otherwise, where are all these people going?? 26.2 miles and you end up right back where you started. No thanks.

6. I have the greatest family, and I married the greatest family. I have two cousins and a brother who live within a short drive (and we actually keep up with each other), and Jarrad has three sisters, a mom & stepdad, grandparents, an aunt, and two cousins close by, too. Almost everyone we love dearly lives in our state, so we get to see them all often, and, most importantly, Rachel gets to know them too!

7. I speak Spanish, and I love learning about language acquisition and speech development. Cued language is a fascination of mine, and I practice it at random times. Rachel finds it funny, too.

8. It doesn't come into question as much anymore, but in my youth, my ethnicity was a ready conversation-maker. In high school, the coach of our rival basketball team called me, "the little Chinese girl." My junior year, I had my picture made at the prom with a Cambodian boy from my school. His family all wanted to know if I was Cambodian when the pictures came back. When I speak Spanish to Hispanics, they always ask where I'm from. A person once asked me if I was Czechoslovakian, and I used to always get questions from tellers and cashiers to the tune of, "Are you all white?" For the record, I am "all white" (whatever that means). I think my family has some German blood and maybe something else European, but, as far as I can tell, there's nothing interesting in our heritage.

Who I'll tag:
Lisa
Christina
Kelley
April
Jay
Shelly

7 comments:

Matt and Lisa said...

This is a fun game - perfect for blog surfers like me. :) Hope you guys are having a great time at the beach!

Jay said...

i dont know how to make all those fancy links to peoples blogs :) but i will write a blog about 8 random things about myself

Denise said...

I love your answers! It's neat learning these things about you. None of them really surprised me, even the hip hop dancing or the rebel/goody two shoes combo. But, it's neat to get to know you more. Thanks for playing along with my tag!!

Anonymous said...

Despite being "all white" you're still my favorite Mexicasian.

Anonymous said...

your friend called you Mexicasian! jajajajajaja
~milli

Denise Travis said...

I'm so excited for the chance to get to know you, Anna!!

shellyeve said...

alright - i'm going to try to do mine tonight or tomorrow - i feel like i know you so much better now :)
oh - and you need to teach me guitar!