Tuesday, July 24, 2007

clown shoes

Yesterday was a long day, even though we took two field trips. Between her naps, Rachel and I went to visit our neighbor, Mr. Henry. He enjoys watching Rachel walking circles around him. Rachel even asked to sit in his lap, and sat there nicely for at least 30 seconds before squirming to get down. After her afternoon nap, we went over to see Ms. Kathy, another friend. Her son, Glenn, is getting married in two weeks, so she's been getting ready for the wedding.

Today was busy, which is a good thing. We had lunch with some other mommies and children. Rachel enjoyed watching the big kids play, and everyone was impressed at how much she ate. Fifteen-month-old Murphy ate a de-crusted peanut butter sandwich for lunch. Rachel had half a peanut butter sandwich, a bunch of macaroni and cheese, lots of fruit, and some banana pudding. She ate and ate and ate and kept signing "more." Even I was amazed.

We also ran a few errands late this afternoon right before dinner. We took a nice walk after dinner, and Rachel watched from her stroller as I pruned a couple of our bushes outside (can you believe it?). She got antsy and we came inside and played in her room until bedtime. For the first time in several days, Rachel seemed to be in a really great mood. She was giggly and content, and she wanted to snuggle, so she came and sat in my lap pretty often.

With the exception of tonight, here is an example of the kind of days we have been having. I think she must be getting some new teeth...

Progress Regress Report

She still is refusing to even sit on the potty. The only time she has used it in the last three days is when I caught her about to poop in her pants, and I rushed her onto the potty in time to catch it. Every other poop has been in her pants, right at naptime or first thing in the morning. She hasn't peepeed in the potty in three days either. Sad.

cute moment

Before we left Mr. Henry's house yesterday, I asked Rachel for a hug, but instead, she went right over to Mr. Henry and hugged his leg. It's like she was rubbing it in my face that I didn't get a hug!

Here's a video of Rachel working really hard.

non-toy toy of the day

We went to WalMart today, and I couldn't resist getting Rachel a new toy...check out these fake crocs!

4 comments:

Jon said...

Okay, you must translate for me the gestures she made after trying and failing to put the blue ring into the piggy bank. I ran through a few possibilities in my mind:

"It don't fit/I will try again"

"The blue ring/Has a rebellious spirit"

"This piggy bank/It is defective"

"Didn't work/I'll try twice more"

AnniePat said...

HAHA! The first sign is her approximation of the sign for "help." The second, with her hand in her mouth, was her approximation for "water," but has morphed into her way of saying, "gimme gimme gimme." So, the translation is:

"Help help/gimme gimme gimme"

Jon said...

First Bobby Vinton, and now ABBA? She's a musical smorgasbord!

Gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight
Won't somebody help me chase the shadows away
Gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight
Take me through the darkness to the break of the day


(I interpret this as a plea for Jarrad to step it up in the late-night/early-morning baby-consoling duties. Jarrad, you're on notice!)

Anonymous said...

awwwww it breaks my heart wen she cries!!! but I saw no tear! jeje
~tia Milli