Tuesday, July 17, 2007

indoor pool

Today seemed long, especially since it started at 6:00am. Rachel seemed to be in a pretty good mood, though, and she took two great naps (1.5 hours and 2 hours), so I shouldn't complain. She didn't go to bed until 8:35pm tonight, though, and I politely asked her to sleep until 7:00am. I'm sure she will listen.

Aunt Mamber came over this afternoon, and she got to see how busy Rachel is these days. All day today, I had a hard time getting her interested in eating. She just wanted to play play play! She's also really into hugging, now, so she gives me frequent hugs, as well as hugging inanimate objects like shoes. A couple of days ago, she started hugging her food. If you go back and watch the video from yesterday, you might notice that she hugs the pea she's holding. It's pretty cute, but it can get messy, too. Yesterday she hugged a spiral noodle and it got all over the side of her head and in her hair. She also hugged her fork, which got food in her ear.

I had planned to let Rachel go "swimming" in her inflatable pool this afternoon, but the sky got gray and scary-looking, so we stayed in. Rachel thought it was fun to climb in and out, though! We had a really loud storm right before Rachel's bedtime, and she actually seemed a bit tense with the big booms of thunder. She wanted to stay right with me, and buried her face in my lap several times. It was kinda nice to feel loved by my baby.

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 47
poop 30

cute moment

Rachel and I met Jarrad out for lunch today. Rachel loves going out now. She sits in the big high chair and just watches, waving and greeting anyone who notices her. She got antsy toward the end of the meal because she wanted to walk around. I got her out of the highchair and let her go. She immediately began to prance around, waving and yelling HEY at everyone. Of course, it's hard to ignore that, so most people spoke to her as she walked by. Then, all of a sudden, Rachel looked at a man who spoke nicely to her, sprinted over to him, and hugged his leg. Oh, my! I had no idea that was coming, or I would have stopped it, of course. Whew, I have got to figure out a way to make her less friendly!

non-toy toy of the day

Our guitar has had one broken string for a while now, but Jarrad's friend gave him new strings last night. I played some this afternoon, and Rachel thoroughly enjoyed "helping" me.

No comments: