Thursday, April 12, 2007

boom

Wow, did we have a thunderstorm last night, or what?? Unfortunately, we have a skylight in our master bedroom, right over our bed, which means when it rains hard at night, it is LOUD. First, it poured rain, and I couldn't sleep. The rain stopped. Then, it thundered the loudest thunder ever, and I couldn't sleep. The thunder stopped. Then, it poured rain again, and I couldn't sleep. By this time, it was 2:30am, and I got myself out of bed and went upstairs to our guest bedroom. Ah, peace and quiet. Rachel woke up at 5:15am, and I nursed her back to sleep (I couldn't even think about listening to her roll around for an hour). She got up for the day at 7:20am, a wonderful wonderful post-sunrise time.

Rachel's morning nap was too short, but she seemed happy when she woke up (see picture). She had an eventful afternoon, with a visit from Koen, Bob, and Carla (and Bob was especially silly today), and her usual Thursday visit from Aunt Mamber. When Aunt Mamber came in today, Rachel actually dove out of my arms to her, something she does not usually do! I'm glad she's recognizing people and feeling comfortable with someone else holding her.

I put Rachel's Bumbo seat on a taller chair, and she seemed to like the new view. I've never ordered the high chair I want for her, because she seems content in the Bumbo for now. She'll grow out of it soon, I'm sure, and I'll have to get that high chair eventually.

Rachel's afternoon nap was much better. I took this video as she was just waking up...

Progress Report

Rachel woke up dry this morning! She used three diapers during the day.

cute moment

Rachel is waving so easily now. Tonight, Aunt Mamber was feeding Rachel, and she was looking around and chatting. I said, "Say, 'Hi, Aunt Mamber.'" Rachel looked straight at Amber and waved!

non-toy toy of the day

Rachel got into a wedding invitation I had on the end table. It was packaged nicely with a pretty purple ribbon tied in a bow, containing the invitation, directions, RSVP card, etc. Rachel picked it apart, piece by piece, and examined each element. I think it passed her inspection!

No comments: