Tuesday, April 3, 2007

just say 'no' to two naps

Rachel woke up really early again, and I nursed her and put her right back down. She's not in the habit of nursing to sleep anymore though (she just quit, cold turkey, and rarely does it anymore, which makes me sad), so she's awake when I put her back in the crib. She usually talks to herself for a minute or two, and then rolls over and goes back to sleep. This morning, she woke up for good at 7:40am, and, therefore, refused to take a morning nap. So, by afternoon, she could hardly keep her eyes open, and fell asleep almost before I even laid her down in her crib.

I love love love the outfit Rachel got to wear today. It's another from the first big box we got in the mail from PopPop & Uma in the fall. This one is 3/6 month size, but it was always too big for her. It got cold before she really got to wear it, which made me soooo sad. So, when it started getting warm again, I pulled it out and crossed my fingers, and, sure enough, it's just the right fit now! I think green is her color.

We had lunch today with my friend Shawna, who is on Spring Break (she's a teacher at my school from last year). It's always fun to see her, and Rachel was a show-off, as usual. She sat politely in her Bumbo seat and ate Cheerios (I am loving that she eats Cheerios now). People at the tables around us were entertained by the faces she made and all the talking she did. She seemed to really enjoy herself.

I'm excited that my friends Brian & Megan will be coming in May to meet Rachel for the first time!! They're actually coming for a concert, but it works out that they will get to meet Rachel on the same trip! I feel like Rachel is my hugest life accomplishment so far, so it's always nice for people to notice.

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 24decreased peepees...because of the hot weather?
poop 11
 AM napPM nap
durationN/A1:15
diaper N/Adry

I've made a new potty rule for myself: After Rachel peepees, I will sit her on the potty in no less than 25 minutes to one hour, depending on the time of day (she goes pretty often in the morning, but not in the afternoon). If she doesn't want to sit, or if she sits and doesn't go, I will immediately replace her diaper and wait no less than 25-30 minutes before trying again. I will stop trying to interpret her various signals I think she gives, because that leads to frustration on my part and hers, as I find myself tossing her on the potty if she even twitches her eyebrow funny (not really, but you get the picture). I will stand by this rule until further notice.

cute moment

non-toy toy of the day

At the restaurant with Shawna, Rachel was getting bored of Cheerios, so I gave her a new toy: an ice cube. She held it in her hand for a while, and then gave it back to me. It rested on my open palm, and she put her face right on it so she could have a taste. She loved it! She held it and licked on it, and I finally let her have it in her mouth when it had almost melted away. In this picture, she's holding it tightly in her left hand.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Hey!
Will loves ice cubes in his mesh feeder things. That and frozen grapes...he gets mad when we take them away! And just for the record - Will says, "Don't hate the player, hate the game."