Monday, April 2, 2007

communication breakdown

I wish I knew what's wrong with her sometimes. Rachel was pretty fussy today. I think it's teeth coming in? I hope that's it, anyway. She was cantankerous (one of my favorite words) on the potty. This afternoon, she suddenly let out a shriek followed by shrill crying. She was pulling at her mouth all day, and biting down on my fingers, toes, whatever. Once, I thought she was about to give me a sweet kiss, and she clamped down so hard on my jaw! Poor baby, she really seemed to be in pain. I gave her a refrigerated teether, and she seemed to appreciate the cold texture on her gums. I also gave her some ibuprofen this afternoon, but I'm not sure it helped. Her weight is right on the border to move to the next dosage, so maybe she needed a little more for it to actually work.

At least it's Monday, and we stayed close to home, as usual. Who knows, maybe she'll get her two top teeth this week. Or, maybe they won't come until two months from now. Either way, I sure hope she's in a better mood tomorrow.

We did have one interesting notable today: I put a gate in the doorway of Rachel's room (it's a hand-me-down from my cousin DeeDee--thanks!!). This accomplishes two things. First, we now have some airflow, which is great since the weather's heating up a bit. Second, it allows Rachel (and me) to see out and not feel so enclosed when we play in her room most of the day. She seemed to love the change, although she is already formulating a plan to climb over. Tonight she tried to stand on one of her containers to hoist her up and closer to the other side.

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 36
poop 11
 AM napPM nap
duration1:000:40
diaper drydry
I'm tempted to put her down for her naps sans diaper. I might try it soon!

cute moment

Rachel has always loved to have something covering her face. When she was a tiny baby, Jarrad figured out that covering her eyes when she was really sleepy made her go to sleep in no time. As soon as she was able, she consistently fell asleep after scooting and turning her face as close to her bumper as possible. She also pulls my hand close to her eyes when she's sleepy, and she thinks it's funny to put her clothes over her face. Before bed, after I undressed her, I threw her onesie over her head. She dropped to her hands and knees and started giggling and crawling, even though she couldn't see where she was going. Jarrad and I died laughing as she crawled right into the wall. She pulled the shirt off her face and sat there, grinning ear to ear.

non-toy toy of the day

I finally emptied another Kleenex box! This is one of Rachel's favorite non-toy toys. (I know, I know...all my videos of Rachel end the same way...)

No comments: