Thursday, April 19, 2007

raspberry wars

What a blah day it has been. The weather is cool and dreary, and I've been in a somber mood. Rachel woke up at 3:30am and whined and fussed for awhile before I gave in and nursed her. She went back to sleep by 4:30am and woke up for the day at 7:20am. She took two horribly short naps today, and I can't decide whether to blame the night waking or the later wake-up time. Either way, I didn't get much done today, and, by this evening, Rachel was cranky.

We went to visit our friend Koen today. Rachel stayed in a decent mood for most of our time there. Carla fed her Cheerios, which keeps her fairly happy, and she showed off her new "more" sign. On the ride home, I broke out her sippy cup of water to keep her happy. She sucked it down (probably 2 ounces or so). When we got home, she was really antsy, and refused to sit still to eat a real dinner. After only a few bites, I had to let her squirmy little self get down to play with Aunt Mamber.

On a fun note, Rachel's hair is getting longer every day. Yesterday, I broke out her tiny bows, and actually was able to put one in her hair. It even stayed put for a few minutes, but she just wanted to put it in her mouth when it fell out of her hair, and it's definitely a choking hazard. But it sure was cute while it lasted, and she thought it was quite amusing when I put it in my hair, and even more hilarious when Jarrad put it in his hair.

Progress Report

Rachel's diaper was so wet this morning that the ammonia smell almost knocked me out. Thank goodness it didn't leak!! I wonder what will happen tonight after drinking all that water.

 pottydiaper
peepee 53
poop 10

cute moment

This evening, right before bedtime, Aunt Mamber was being silly with Rachel, and the two of them started taking turns blowing raspberries. It sounded like they were having a little raspberry conversation!

non-toy toy of the day

At Koen's house, Carla got out some wonderful [non-breakable] drinking glasses for Rachel to play with. She (Rachel--not Carla) also enjoyed chewing on her shoe, which was on her foot, on the way to Koen's house.

1 comment:

Christina said...

FYI - If the ammonia smell was that bad you probably need to strip your diapers. I battled the ammonia monster for a while (Will even got a bad rash from it) but I am proud to report we have defeated it and figured out the best wash routine! I have a load drying at home right now that smells the BEST yet - like NOTHING! :) Don't you love cloth diaper laundry?? (sadly, I do..)