Monday, April 30, 2007

maybe

We put Rachel into bed at 6:00pm last night. She had no trouble falling asleep, and I hoped we had done the right thing by putting her down so early. She slept well all night, until...5:00am. She woke up well-rested, refreshed, and ready for the day. I was none of those things. I tried to nurse her and put her back in the crib, but when she realized I wasn't coming back, she got pretty mad. She wanted to play! So we were up. An hour and a half later, at 6:30am, I kindly asked Jarrad if he might be willing to play with her so I could get a little more shut-eye. He obliged, and even fixed Rachel breakfast and fed her while I snoozed until 7:30am. It was wonderful to get that "extra" hour (I think I'm still missing a few hours of sleep somewhere). We had an uneventful day, except that Rachel's schedule was pretty much shifted an hour early. I did hold her off a little on her naps, but she was tired an hour earlier than the usual naptimes! She napped well, though, 1 hour 15 minutes for both naps, so I put her down at 6:50pm tonight (I couldn't hold her off any longer than that). Maybe she will sleep just a tad later in the morning. Maybe.

My friend John came over for a few minutes this morning. Rachel took right to him and let him hold her and play with her. She showed off her walking and even her split! John was so proud.

I forgot to mention that I finally bought Rachel her high chair, and she loves it! She looks so cozy and safe, and she really seems to feel a lot more comfortable and secure. It's also really nice to have the tray, now that she's able to feed herself some.

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 61
poop 10

I hope this means she is snapping out of whatever was bothering her the past few days!

cute moment

Rachel woke up not long after she went to sleep tonight, and she cried longer than usual. I went to check on her, and I picked her up (because I wanted to) and rocked her. She lay her head on my chest and rubbed my arms for a minute, and then she suddenly sat back, looked me square in the eyes, and did her modified sign for "more" (which she uses whenever she wants to communicate anything at all). She looked so serious. "What, Rachel? Potty? Hungry? What?" She burst into tears and buried her face in my chest, clearly frustrated that I didn't understand what she was trying to say. She calmed down and tried to communicate with me again. She ended up nursing and peepeeing on the potty, but I'm still not convinced either of those things was really the message.

non-toy toy of the day

I was putting away Rachel's freshly washed diapers today, and she got her favorite two out of the basket and carried them around all afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe little Miss. MAe is walking! or at least taking a few steps! Tia Milli is so proud of you Rachel! I LOVE her pink outfit!

Denise said...

We put Jon David to bed SO early and it really was what he wanted. There were times when he was like 5 months or so that he went to bed by 5:30. It lasted for months. I felt like Cinderella. I'd turn into a pumpkin if we were not home by 4 pm to start easing into bedtime. He's still an early to bed and early to rise guy though I have sincerely tried to move both sleep and wake times a hair later. Hang in there! :)