Tuesday, May 1, 2007

what's the matter, can't keep up?

I think I'm going to slow down my blogging. My early-waking baby and late-bedtime hubby are making for one tired mommy.

Rachel and I went to see MiMi for a couple hours today. She's working at an office one hour from our house, so the drive wasn't too bad. Plus, she got to show Rachel off to all her coworkers, which she thought was great fun. Rachel had a fun time, too, and everyone "oo'ed and ah'ed appropriately," as my mother always says.

Rachel was up at 5:00am again, this time not as well-rested. She struggled all day, and started rubbing her eyes at 3:30pm this afternoon (after she had taken her nap). Aunt Mamber came by after work, so I held Rachel off a few more minutes. I finally put her down at 6:30pm, and she has been sleeping quietly (a good sign) since.

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 42
poop 10

MiMi took us to lunch today. While I was feeding Rachel, she appeared to get uncomfortable, like she was about to poop. Luckily, I had brought the potty. But what do it do? Do I bring it in the restaurant bathroom? Do I set it on the ground outside. Do I set it in the trunk? I decided to put it on the backseat of the car. I took off Rachel's [clean] dipe, put her on the potty, and she peepeed right away! Did she hold it?? Maybe, but then she wet her diaper late this afternoon when we were back home again. I am amazed that she used the potty in the backseat like that. I honestly cannot believe that we might be finished potty training soon.

cute moment

Regardless of the fact that Rachel was cranky all day because of lack of sleep and whatever else is bothering her, she was a real show-off at MiMi's work. Like MiMi, Rachel seems to light up when she has an audience. She waves, she grins, she lets everyone hold her. Today, she showed off all her signs (including her newest: sleep), and she walked from me to MiMi's coworker and back again, giggling. At the restaurant, she talked to the gentlemen in the booth next to ours, and she waved at our waiter every time he passed our table. She slept on the ride home, and was the crankiest Rachel EVER until bedtime.

non-toy toy of the day

Walking. I know it's not really a toy, but Rachel hasn't been playing with toys much at all lately because she's having so much fun just walking round and round.

No comments: