Monday, May 7, 2007

and now back to our regularly scheduled program

We had a busy-but-fun weekend. My 16-year-old cousin, Cory, spent the night with us Saturday night. He and Jarrad had fun playing...they went to the movies, played XBox, skateboarded. It's nice for Jarrad to have an excuse to be a big kid sometimes. Cory went home Sunday afternoon, and Aunt Julie and Landin came over last night so Jarrad and I could go to church. I left Aunt Julie specific bedtime routine instructions, and she put her to bed last night! Rachel had no problems adjusting.

Our day was not perfect today, but it was immensely closer to normal than any day we've had in two weeks. Rachel woke up at 4:00am (booooo), but went right back to sleep until 6:40am. She woke up as happy as ever, and she played in her crib for almost 30 minutes before I got her up (she hasn't done that in forever). She has been in a great mood all day, even taking two 1.5-hour naps.

Rachel has been eating a LOT lately, which leads me to believe I hadn't been feeding her enough. It's just so hard to believe she really wants more food sometimes. I felt awful when I realized that might be her problem, so I really stuffed her today, and she had a big, tight belly to prove it!

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 54
poop 20

cute moment

Rachel has been in the best mood since she has been catching up on her lost sleep. It doesn't take much to get a giggle out of her. Our newest game is that I will stretch out my arms and say, "Come here, Rachel, come to Mommy." She grins and starts walking towards me, only to veer in another direction before she reaches me. She thinks it so funny, but she really laughs when I reach a little more and grab her, smothering her with Mommy kisses.

non-toy toy of the day

Still, Rachel isn't playing with much of anything. She is really enjoying just picking things up and carrying them around. And anything will do: Little Rex, a sock, washcloth, shoe, a piece of fuzz, a ball, coupons, or any combination (she really loves to carry multiple things in one hand). She also figuree out how to open one of her dresser drawers today, and she pulled a few things out of there to carry around.

1 comment:

Jay said...

i like that picture of her...its funny! she is squintin' something fierce :)