Monday, May 21, 2007

super mario

It's was a frustrating day today, so I've been pouting. Rachel never went to sleep for her morning nap, and only slept one hour this afternoon. Luckily, we had several distractions. Two of our neighbors came over for lunch. Isabel and her son, Mason(4) joined us for hot dogs and macaroni & cheese. Her son, Jackson(5), was very disappointed he missed lunch due to preschool, so I invited them to come back over for a few minutes late this afternoon to have cookies and say hello. I think he was satisfied with that. They are a really sweet family; they've been married almost 20 years, and they have another son, Alex(16) and a daughter, Ellen(17). They started all over with Jackson and Mason!

Rachel and I also went to the store to buy the rest of the materials I need for Rachel's dress. I bought red fabric for the diaper cover, pockets on the dress, and bow on the hat, ladybug buttons, and elastic. BUT, I forgot the red and blue thread I need! So I still can't really proceed until I go back to the store...again.

Jarrad's childhood friend, Jesse, came over tonight to see Rachel's tricks. He hasn't seen her in a couple of months, so he was pretty impressed! On the other hand, Jesse is the best guitarist we know, and Rachel was impressed with his playing. She even tapped her foot some. In the video, notice that she applauds his playing by blowing raspberries.

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 23
poop 11

cute moment

Rachel ate "nanana" for dinner, which meant we were both a sticky mess. She had banana all over her face and in her hair, her hands had banana film, and her arms were sticky all the way to her elbows. So, when I put some Cheerio's on her tray, they stuck to everything. For some reason, she thought it was hilarious when I stuck Cheerio's to my fingertips. She laughed so hard, and then she picked them off one by one. I stuck them back on, she cackled, pulled them off, and we started all over again. Maybe it was exhaustion from her lack of sleep that made it so funny to her.

non-toy toy of the day

Rachel played with an empty yogurt container all afternoon. She even got the lid on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raquelita is wearing one of my favorite outfits! We are both Miss. June!
~tia Milli

Jay said...

Rachel is so funny :)