Saturday, May 5, 2007

road to recovery

Yesterday morning, Rachel woke up at 4:45am, but I went straight to her (always hoping she'll go back to sleep for a couple hours). She did go back to sleep, until 7:10am! It felt weird to get up after sunrise. So the morning felt really short, because she still was ready for her nap at 9:00am. Whew!

Last night, I volunteered at the JoyProm, which was SO much fun. Because the event lasted all night, Jarrad had full bedtime responsibilities. Predictably, he had no problems, and Rachel went right to sleep. However, I had not been specific enough about nighttime diapering, so Rachel woke up at 1:00am, soaked from top to bottom due to a leaky diaper. I got Jarrad up to help me change her sheet while I cleaned her up and changed her clothes. Once she was back to sleep, she slept until 6:00am, which made me happy. To make up for the leaky diaper incident, Jarrad got up at 7:00am, and I went back to bed for a whole hour. Rachel went to bed at a normal 7:15pm tonight. I hope we are back on track!

Rachel took good naps today, so this afternoon, we went to see MeMaw and GGPaw and Cousin Anthony. I didn't get a picture of Rachel with MeMaw because Rachel jumped out of her lap before I even had a chance to get the camera.

Progress Report

I really do not remember her potty count yesterday and today, but she has been fairly cooperative. We've had two good-but-not-outstanding days. She probably used 3 or 4 diapers both days.

cute moment

I got a pair of socks out for Rachel today, and she wanted to play with them. I gave them to her, and then asked, "Can I have one to put on your foot?" She looked down and put a sock on her foot! (Not on her foot, but on top of her foot. I thanked her and really put it on, and then she put the other sock on top of her other foot!

non-toy toy of the day

Last night, I got all dressed up for the JoyProm. My fancy shoes were out, but not on my feet, so Rachel went straight for them. She loves shoes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So where is the picture of you all dressed up?