Thursday, May 3, 2007

product placement

Rachel woke up too early again, so was cranky all day. To keep her from playing out all her energy, I took her on a little field trip to the music store, and just walking around the shopping center. Rachel had a great time, and I was able to hold her off until 1:40pm for her afternoon nap. Both naps were 1 hour today, even though she could really use a good 3-hour nap one of these days. Going to Koen's house also kept her happy this afternoon, and she was in bed and right to sleep at 6:35pm. I am really hoping she will sleep all night and wake up well-rested, sometime AFTER 5:00am.

I didn't take many pictures today, so here's a bonus video from yesterday. Notice her face after she whacks her head on the dresser:

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 34
poop 21

Yes, a poopy diaper. Unfortunately, she dirtied her diaper when I put her down for a nap this morning. I felt so terrible that I didn't know she needed to go. When I put her on the changing table, she gave me this look, like, "Duh, mom. Duh." I haven't changed a poopy diaper in a really really long time. Oh well, I guess there will always be accidents!

cute moment

You might remember that Rachel's great grandparents gave her two singing bunnies for Easter. She has grown to love the one that wiggles his ears and taps his foot, so it gets played often. Because it gets played often, I have learned the song he sings. Of course, it's one of those terrible songs that gets stuck in your head, so I find myself singing it aloud. Rachel has also started tapping her foot when she hears the song. Anyway, on the way to Koen's house today, Rachel was really fussy. So I started singing the bunny song. Rachel grinned and tapped her feet!! I sang all the way there, and she stayed happy the whole time. It worked on the way home, too.

non-toy toy of the day

Jarrad's gym bag was in the living room this morning, and Rachel found his deodorant and carried it around for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwwww Rachels face! when she wacks it on the dresser...poor baby! im counting the days!