Tuesday, May 8, 2007

what size 2??

Who knew pacifiers come in sizes?? Apparently Rachel has been sucking on 0-6 month pacis all this time. Will her future teeth be messed up? Maybe it's just a way for them to make more money, but I bought Rachel some new, size 2 pacis last night (hers are probably pretty gross now anyway). They come in weird colors, but they are pretty cute. She didn't seem to notice any difference.

We went to visit cute, tiny, brand new baby Cameron today (but I forgot my camera). He is not quite a month old, and he felt as light as a feather! He slept peacefully (except for a few grunts here and there) the whole time Rachel and I were there. Rachel had fun walking around and exploring unfamiliar territory. Oddly, she kept her hands off almost everything, and she didn't try to climb the stairs! I don't know what kept her from trying to pull everything off the coffee table, but I only had to tell her "no touch" a couple times, and she listened, too! I definitely don't think I can take much credit. I mean, I've never told her not to pull candles off a table, so how would she know not to? I hope she will be as easy when she's a teenager :\ one day. Whew, that is too much to think about...

Aunt Mamber came over to see Rachel for a few minutes this evening. It's fun to see Rachel react to a familiar person, and she loves Aunt Mamber. Rachel mostly walked around and around the downstairs, and then up the stairs, as Aunt Mamber followed.

Oh, and Rachel's sleeping? Jarrad put her to bed, and she was asleep at 7:30pm last night. She woke up (not sure why) and nursed around 12:30am (I had a hard time convincing her to nurse at all before I left last night), then slept until 6:30am and played in her crib until 7:00am. How great is this?? Her naps were 1.5 hours this morning and 2 hours 20 minutes this afternoon!! It was 7:30pm to sleep tonight. It is so nice to have my good-natured, well-rested little girl back!

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 55higher peepee count: another indication she wasn't eating enough, poor baby
poop 10

cute moment

She did two things this afternoon that amazed me. First, when Aunt Mamber was over, Rachel was carrying around a pair of her socks. I looked at her and said, "Rachel, can you put your socks on your feet?" I didn't give her any other clues to what I was asking her to do, but she looked at her feet and then put the socks on top of her foot! Then, at bedtime, we were cleaning up her room. She followed me to her toy basket as I was putting in the last few toys. I said, "Rachel, go get a book to read." She looked across the room where her books are stacked and cooed. "Rachel, go get a book, get one book. What book do you want to read?" She went over, picked up a book, and brought it to me! I can't believe how much she understands now.

non-toy toy of the day

She was mesmerized by tearing up a baby wipe this afternoon. She concentrated on ripping it into the tiniest pieces possible.

No comments: