Saturday, May 19, 2007

triple threat

Yesterday was a pretty good day, with a visit from Aunt Julie and her dog, Jack, and Jarrad was in and out all day, too. It was nice to have some company and some help, and it made the day fly by. Rachel took two good naps, and Jarrad went to the grocery store 3 times, buying over $300 in groceries for less than $40. Maybe I haven't mentioned Jarrad's newest hobby: couponing. One of the grocery stores in our area is tripling manufacturer's coupons all weekend, so our house is a mess of clipping and sorting. It's all worth it, in the end, and the house will hopefully return to normal by Monday.

Last night, I cut all the pieces to make Rachel's birthday dress. I recieved a really nice sewing machine from my parents when I graduated from college. I'm ashamed that I haven't used it much, but I'm hoping that will change. It is a really fun hobby, and one that should come in handy through the years, when my kids want really weird costumes or repairs made to their favorite clothes. We're doing a ladybug theme for her party, so I bought some ladybug fabric online. I borrowed the pattern from my friend, Lisa, who has already made two dresses for her little girl, Leah!

Today started out great, with Rachel sleeping until 7:30am (after her usual early-morning snack), and a visit from Cousin Tyler and Uncle Travis first thing. I guess our visitors had Rachel feeling pretty hyper, because she never went to sleep when I put her down for her morning nap. Everyone assured me she'd make up for it with a long afternoon nap, but it lasted a mere one hour. I was really frustrated, and she was really cranky. Tonight, Aunt Mamber is coming over to babysit while Jarrad and I go to "The Music of Pink Floyd - A Rock Symphony" with some friends. It will sure be nice to get a break for an evening.

Progress Report (Friday)

 pottydiaper
peepee 44
poop 10

I discovered a new trick: let Rachel play with a warm washcloth while she sits on the potty. Duh! She loves playing with little pieces of fabric or paper, especially wet washcloths. Why didn't I think of that sooner??

Progress Report (Saturday)

 pottydiaper
peepee 35
poop 10

cute moment

Yesterday, Rachel walked around and around for 45 minutes with her My First Purse on her arm. A couple of times, she got so frustrated trying to get it on that she just sat and cried a mad cry. I'd like to know what she's thinking sometimes.

non-toy toy of the day

Uncle Travis let Rachel play with Cousin Tyler's hat and bib she insisted on pulling from his bag. Uncle Trav even entertained her by putting the hat on his head. Rachel is blessed to be loved so much by Uncle Trav!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the moment i saw you posted 3 videos i started jumping like a baby! jeje...Rachel is growing so fast!!!! my ma says Tyler is a stud! Man! he is handsome!
~tia Milli :D

Christina said...

CUTE idea for the 1st birthday theme! We aren't doing too much of a theme, but I did buy him a cute outfit from Patsy Aiken. What day are you doing Rachel's party? We'd love to invite you to Will's (invites have yet to go out...) on the 9th. I can't wait to see how the dress turns out. I heard about Lisa's although I haven't seen them. Can you believe our babies are almost ONE!!??