Wednesday, May 2, 2007

toddle toddle

Rachel woke up at 4:30am, but I went straight to her, nursed her, and put her right back down. I think I was back to sleep before she was, and she slept until 6:30am. What a nice nap! Her morning nap was really good, but she was asking to go to sleep again really early. When I finally put her down for her afternoon nap, it took her a long time to go to sleep, and then she only slept for 45 minutes. I decided to put her to bed super-early tonight: 5:50pm. I'd rather have a well-rested early-riser than a cranky early-riser, and it seems like those are my only two choices for now. Now I just need to learn to go to bed super-early.

I felt pretty good today after sleeping until 6:30am, so I was able to get a lot done. Jarrad also bought a "new" [used] car today. It's a '94 Honda with good mileage, and it will be much cheaper to drive than his giant truck.

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 15
poop 20

Rachel was very sleepy and cranky most of the day, but even when she seemed to be in a good mood, she was non-compliant on the potty. She finally signaled to me she needed to go this morning, and she pooped. I was excited she had told me and thought we might be turning a corner for the day, but then she peepeed in her crib while I emptied her potty (I was about to run her a bath, so I didn't re-diaper her). I was happy with her until I returned to find the huge wet spot on her sheet. She looked guilty.

cute moment

Rachel crawled onto my lap today and lifted up the tail of my shirt to give my belly a big sloppy kiss. She looked at my stomach, and then she went and picked up her burp cloth. She brought it straight back over to me and wiped off the wet spot she had left!

Rachel is definitely a toddler now. She prefers to walk, and she can change directions and navigate around things. She can even stop, bend over and pick something up, and then keep walking! It is so exciting to see her develop this new skill. In this video, she uses the sign for "no," but she still can't resist putting her little paws where they don't belong!

No comments: