Thursday, May 31, 2007

here toothy toothy toothy

Rachel has been extremely cranky the last two or three days. Today, I am exhausted from fighting her for everything. She won't sit on the potty, she won't lie down on the changing table, she won't sit in her car seat, she won't sit in her high chair, she won't eat what I give her. The child wants to do what she wants to do, end of story. Of course, there are some things that can't be compromised, like the car seat. But, wow, what a fit she can throw these days. I have never ever heard her carry on the way she did today when I forced her diaper on her and when I forced her to sit in her high chair and in her car seat. However, except for fighting sleep this afternoon, she's been sleeping pretty well, even taking a 1 hour 45 minute nap this morning, which is really unusual for her. I think part of the problem is that she wants to do everything herself, independently. At any rate, I'm blaming it all on teeth--all of it. So she'd better get another tooth or two, or I'll be crazy soon.

Thank goodness for distractions on days like this. Yesterday, GiGi came by for a quick visit after getting her hair cut on our end of town, and Cousin Anthony came over for a couple hours. Rachel lights up when she has visitors, although she did get really mad and frustrated when she wanted to get into Anthony's bag and play with his college math book. I appeased her by offering her free rein over a little plastic bowl of Cheerios, which deligted her.

Since GiGi came over, I was able to get the pics from our trip to NaNa and Papa's house over the weekend. I added them to Sunday's post, so check it out...Rachel in her little aerobics outfit, complete with sneakers!

Today, we went to see Koen. He will soon be out of school for the summer, so we probably will be seeing him on a different schedule. He seems pretty exhausted by school these days, so I'm looking forward to hanging out with a more refreshed Koen. Rachel always has a good time at Koen's house because they have really exciting big kid toys for her to explore. Aunt Mamber was here when we got home, and Rachel was definitely ready to sleep by bedtime.

Regress Report

We're back to baby days, with all diaper and no potty Rachel. We did have a little breakthrough, though, as she was really interested today in learning to sit herself on the potty without my help. She comes pretty close, but usually ends up lying across it on her belly. I've always looked forward to the day when she can walk herself over and sit on the potty when she needs to use it. Of course, she doesn't actually want to use it right now, but eventually I guess she'll put the pieces together. I guess.

cute moment

Rachel walked around this afternoon with some new bracelets she discovered in her toy box. I guess she is turning into a little lady, with her purse she carries around, and now with her bangle bracelets.

non-toy toy of the day

Racel played with a mirror at Koen's house. She gave lots of kisses to the baby in the mirror.

1 comment:

Denise Travis said...

I laughed out loud at the picture in my head of Rachel lying across the toilet on her belly! Poor thing! I hope you both have better days tomorrow!