Thursday, May 24, 2007

busy bee

We've had a really busy week, and tomorrow Rachel and I are going with GiGi to visit NaNa & PaPa! We are getting out of the house until Saturday so Jarrad can work on the continuing remodeling project(s). I can't wait to see what he gets done!

Tuesday, GiGi came over for a visit and brought Rachel two new summer dresses. While she was here, I got to run a few errands, even stopping by the party store to find things for Rachel's 1st birthday party (woah). Yesterday, Poppy came to visit Cousin Tyler and Rachel. He even treated my brother and me to a lovely meal at Macaroni Grill (a rarity!). Poppy especially enjoyed watching Rachel busy at her favorite pastime: walking. She walked round and round and round and round, like she always does. I wonder if the fun will eventually wear off? My friend Abbey stopped by for a few minutes with her little girls, Zahra(3) and Maya(13 months). Today, GreatAunt Libby came by to bring a big load of new clothes, compliments of PopPop and Uma, and Aunt Mamber came over for her usual Thursday visit after we got home from Koen's house. What a crazy week!

Progress Report

I am so tired of the potty. I just want to be honest about this potty business, and today, I'm tired. I was so skeptical before we started. Then, we started so strong, and she figured things out really quickly. I became so optimistic that I moved our target train-by age from 18 months to 12 months, and I secretly hoped for even sooner. Although it seems Rachel completely understands the whole concept, she is just not doing it. It makes me crazy, but it is what it is. I feel like we're back to the beginning, when I'm happy to catch what peepee I happen to catch, not expecting her to hold up her end of the bargain (so to speak). So I'm thinking we'll be dealing with diapers for a while longer. I guess one great thing has come out of it: I hardly ever have to change a poopy diaper. I guess that's good enough.

cute moment

Our best adventure to date happened at dinnertime tonight. Rachel has not been eating well the past day or two, and tonight she flat out refused to eat the yogurt I offered (she LOVES yogurt!). Even when she does accept a bite, she often sticks her hand in her mouth so she can mush it around and play with it. She pushed my hand away when I offered her a spoonful of yogurt, and some got on her finger. She licked it right off her finger. Okay, so, clearly, she wants to feed herself. Well, fine, today was bath day anyway, so I let her go for it, and Aunt Mamber was here to witness...

non-toy toy of the day

Yogurt. *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anna - I was dying laughing watching her with that yogurt! You are braver than me! I think she did pretty well, considering. ;)

-Jenny