Thursday, April 5, 2007

from place to place

(PICTURES TO BE ADDED TOMORROW)

Rachel slept terribly last night. I don't have any idea why, but she cried out several times, though she always was back to sleep before I could even check on her. Finally, at 4:30am, she really woke up and was really crying. I went to comfort her and check her diaper, which was dry. She nursed and used the potty, and I put her back in her crib at 5:00am. I went back to bed, too, but it took me a really long time to go back to sleep. Rachel woke up again at 6:00am, and this time, it was for good. She was kinda cranky all day as a result.

During Rachel's morning nap, I drove us to my parents' house, 1.5 hours away. It is the perfect distance for Rachel to get a nap and be in a good mood when we arrive. She was being silly and bashful at first when MiMi and Poppy wanted to hold her, but she warmed up and had a great time exploring her new environment. Jarrad will be joining us tomorrow, along with Uncle Travis, Aunt KiKi, and cousin Tyler. Tia Mildred ('Aunt Mildred' in Spanish) loves these kiddos, so she will be in heaven!

She was quite tired this afternoon, but had trouble settling down for a nap. I finally got her to sleep, after rocking her and singing to her for a while. Sometimes I think I give up on her too quickly, and think she just won't calm down. When I went back in the room for third time, I was determined to rock her to sleep. It took longer than it felt like it should have, but it finally worked.

Progress Report

 pottydiaperfloor
peepee 711oops!
poop 10
 AM napPM nap
duration1:30
diaper drydry
Can you believe how great she did, even being in a different place?!

cute moment

Poppy has this really annoying stuffed bulldog that wiggles and barks when you pat him on the head. Rachel couldn't decide if she liked him or was afraid of him. She sat very still and watched him closely. Finally, she decided he was a little scary, and she dashed to me and buried her face in my lap.

non-toy toy of the day

I brought some of Rachel's toys to MiMi and Poppy's. They were packed neatly in a blue backpack. I presented the toys to Rachel. She played with the blue backpack.

No comments: