Tuesday, April 24, 2007

fezzy sleep

Today was a long day. Rachel was up at 4:30am again. I went to check on her to be sure she didn't have a dirty or leaky diaper. I rocked her for just a minute and then put her back in her crib, where she whined for the next 45 or 50 minutes. She woke up again at 7:00am. Her morning nap was less than an hour, and her afternoon "nap" was only 35 minutes. She was so cranky immediately following her afternoon nap, and she could hardly hold her head up because she was still so sleepy. So, at 3:15pm, I did the whole nap routine again and put her in her crib. She didn't argue, and she rolled around a bit and got quiet and still, but I peeked in several times, and I don't think she ever really went to sleep. At least she rested some.

My childhood friend, Jared, came over this evening. It was fun to catch up with him. He spent 2 years in India, so he has some great stories and insights. Rachel loved showing off her newest skill of walking with her walk-behind toy, and then she went straight to bed to make up for some lost sleep.

She started using another sign today! She used the sign "eat" for the first time, and seemed very pleased with herself. I think it's so cute that she uses those signs for everything she wants to communicate.

Progress Report

 pottydiaper
peepee 45
poop 10

cute moment

Rachel has two silly new habits:

  1. She has figured out how to gasp. So she is constantly sucking in air and sounding like her Poppy hiccupping after a big meal.
  2. She turns her tongue over in her mouth, something I can't do. She does it all day, and it helps her make some very interesting sounds, too!

non-toy toy of the day

The ninja turtle that visited us yesterday gave Rachel a "Tiny Fez." She played with it all afternoon.

2 comments:

Matt and Lisa said...

hummm.. why would she not be sleeping well right now? I don't know what to tell you. Have you referred to Healthy Sleep Habits yet? Sometimes Leah wakes up at 4 or 5am, but if I nurse her, she goes right back to sleep until 7ish. Keep me posted - I'm curious about sleep habits! Maybe she's going through a growth spurt... or maybe more teeth are coming in....

Anonymous said...

Hola Annita! I just asked Ivan about Miss. little Rachel's new trick and he showed it to me!!(turning her tongy over in her mouthy) I think thats pretty COOL! can't wait to see it! Im SO proud of you Rachel!!!
Ohhh! i just saw Rachel's picture! i can see her turning her tongy ove! soo cute jiji