Wednesday, April 11, 2007

tight wad

Rachel woke up in the middle of the night, as predicted. I decided to leave her be, and she never even full-on cried. She wimpered on and off (mostly off) for about 40 minutes, and then was back to sleep until 7:15am! I guess we'll try that again tonight.

I loosened up with Rachel some today, and I got quite a bit done! She played on the floor in our bedroom, which she thought was really great, and played in the exersaucer for a few minutes, while I washed and folded laundry, finished cleaning our bathroom, vacuumed, all kinds of things I usually cram to do during her naps and after bedtime. It felt good to be so productive, it made the day go by faster, and I was pleasantly surprised at how not-dangerous it was for her. In my mind, I imagined her going straight for all the non-baby-proofed areas, but she just explored and had a great time.

Rachel got a bath today, and I attempted to spike up her hair. She just barely has enough to make it work! She's playing with the pink rubber ducky from Aunt KiKi's Easter basket.

Aunt Julie came over and played for a few minutes this evening, and then stayed after bedtime while Jarrad and I had a date! Aunt Mamber gave us a gift certificate to a really fancy resaurant, and we needed to use it. It really worked out great, and I needed the time out. Thanks to the best Aunts in the world! We are so blessed.

By the way, Rachel took 6 steps in a row today! She's so proud of herself.

Progress Report

Rachel used 3 diapers today! She was wet first thing this morning, so that accounted for one diaper.

cute moment

Rachel is so funny now; when she is crawling toward anything she thinks is off-limits, she'll turn around to see if we're watching. She gets this cute little smirk on her face, and, as soon as we make a move to get her, she turns back around and sprint-crawls, giggling.

non-toy toy of the day

Rachel has a new habit of picking up her left leg with her left hand and trying to do stuff with it, like using it to hit one of her stuffed animals, or putting it over her eyes when she's tired. She acts like it's not even attached to her...so silly!

No comments: